Fulham runners invited us and a few other clubs to take part in their 10 mile race – lovely course, starting at Bishops Park, along the north side of the river to Chiswick Bridge & back along the south side to Putney. We saw a few Windmilers out on their towpath long run. Phil and Lindsay won their age groups. We would love to have seen more Windmilers joining this one!
Race: Fulham RC. Boaty McBoatRace 10 miles
Date: Sunday 1 Aug 2021. <Postponed from 4 July 2021>
- 7:30am. Registration/bib collection
- 8:10am. Registration closes
- 8:25am. Race briefing at start
- 8:30am. Start
- 10:15am. Race finish cut-off
- 12:00pm. After party at The Crabtree, Rainville Road, Fulham, W6 9HA http://www.thecrabtreew6.co.uk/
Registration closes on Thursday 29 July at midnight or when 90 runners have registered, whichever comes earlier. There will be no on-the-day registration. Please only register if you definitely plan to race! The race is free but we incur registration costs. Transfers will not be allowed.
- You must be at least 18 years old on race day.
- You must be a registered athlete with England Athletics
- You must be able to complete the race in 1 hour 45 minutes (a pace of 10:30mile, 6:30/km)
Prizes: there are trophies for 1st woman and for 1st man. There will also be some age category prizes.
Toilets: these can be found in Bishop’s Park directly behind the start.
Race route: https://www.strava.com/routes/18861155