600m, 500m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m
(All 100m rec)
Wimbledon Windmiler swimming sessions take place on Mondays at Wimbledon College, which is on Edge Hill, at 7:15pm and 8:15pm.
Important information on the swimming sessions on Monday evenings.
· The sessions are for Wimbledon Windmiler club members only. (Subject to potential new joiners trying sessions before deciding to join).
· A block of 10 consecutive sessions is priced at £55. This will guarantee your place in your chosen session (7.15pm or 8.15pm), but may be subject to a maximum number of participants. Email mailto:tri @windmilers.org.uk for confirmation of available places, before making direct payment to the Windmilers bank account: (Account num.:
71296182. Sort code: 60-60-02 – add “swim” and your name). If you prepay please indicate which session you are most interested in. If you need to change your session please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make sure there is a space for you.
· If a session is cancelled (sometimes the pool breaks), the pre-pay period will extend to the next available week).
- We don't swim on bank holiday Mondays
- If you can't come and you have pre payed - that's fine - but we can't refund you (that's how we keep it cheap) - do let us know so we don't worry about you, and so we can free up space for people to pay on the night (that's also how we keep it cheap)
· Should pay as you go places remain available, these will be charged at £8 on the night. If you don’t have the money on the night, you won’t be able to swim. Please arrive early enough to have time to sign in and pay.
· For safety and insurance reasons, if a session becomes too busy, we may not be able to accommodate all pay as you go swimmers. You may be asked to wait until the (usually) quieter 8.15pm session.
We encourage as many of you as possible to pre-pay for your block of 10 sessions – this will help us to better organise the sessions, and help you to save money, and not have to rummage around to find £8 AND your goggles.
The session is split in two, each lasting one hour. The first session starts at 7:15pm, and usually led by two coaches. The second session starts at 8:15pm. The swimming pool is divided into lanes of various speeds so you’ll find you are usually swimming with people of a similar swimming ability. We do ask that you are able to swim at least 100m front crawl to attend and get the most out of the first session, and 200m in under 4 minutes for the second.
The focus for the coached sessions is on front crawl, and improving your technique, speed and endurance. We have had a range of motivations for swimming, including cross training, injury rehabilitation and those looking towards triathlon/multisport events. More information and coaching notes can be found here: http://www.windmilers.org.uk/Swimming-Sessions.html.
If you are interested in joining one of the sessions, please email the Tri Team at email@example.com before attending so that we can ensure we aren't overcrowded any week.
Please refer to the attached swimming etiquette and if you have any questions, please ask.
Directions to the Wimbledon College pool:
From Worple Road end, turn up Edge Hill, and go on past Darlaston Road on your right. You will then come to a large old church on your right, and just after this, the modern Sacred Heart Church building. Just after this, is the entrance to Wimbledon College. Drive/walk through there, and follow road round to the right, until you end up at the car park. The building is in the right hand corner and will be lit up. Enter the building and the pool is the first door on your left.
If you are unsure whether these sessions might be appropriate for you please just ask. If you need advice on learning to swim, we can also advise.